I'm a huge fan of to - do lists, so naturally, when I read a Fast Co article on an 100 year old to do list hack I thought to myself 'must make digital version of it.' And that's what I did.
The Ivy Lee Method
- At the end of each work day, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
- Prioritize those six items in order of their true importance.
- When you arrive tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task. Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
- Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
- Repeat this process every working day.
For more info, check out this article by James Clear